Commissioner Hill established that a quorum was present and called the meeting to order at 16:00. The meeting was held at Station 1, located at 26109 Ridge Avenue, Ocean Park, WA 98640. Attendance at the meeting included:
Commissioner Fred Hill
Commissioner Tom Downer
Commissioner Dennis Long
Fire Chief Jacob Brundage
Assistant Chief Brad Weatherby
Captain/Paramedic Mike DeConto
Firefighter/EMT Nick Hansen
Volunteer Firefighter Kerry Jones
Pub Ed Coordinator Lani Karvia
District Secretary Jamie Meling
Commissioner Hill called for an Executive Session at 16:01 for Pension and Relief Board meeting. Regular session resumed at 16:01.
- Minutes of Regular Commissioners Meeting held on July 17th, 2018
- July 27, 2018 4th Week Expenses for a total of $7,055.24
- August 21st, 2018 Accounts Payable expenses for a total of $245,451.71, not including Jack’s Country Store
- Accounts Payable: $52,357.45
- Payroll: $193,094.26
Commissioner Downer made a motion to approve the consent agenda as prepared, seconded by Commissioner Long. Motion carried.
Jack’s Country Store
- August 21st, 2018 expenses for a total of $185.26
Commissioner Hill made a motion to approve the expenses for Jack’s Country Store, seconded by Commissioner Long. Commissioner Downer abstained. Motion carried.
Guests and Public Comments: None
Presentations and Special Events: None
Secretary’s Report: (Report Attached)
- BIAS Treasurer’s Report
- Monthly Budget Position Report, July 2018
- 2018 Cash Flow Statement
- 2018 Cash Flow Projection
- Systems Design Collection Statistics
Calendar Items and Upcoming Events
- September 18th, 2018 – Regular Commissioner’s Meeting, Station 21-1, 4:00 p.m.
Old Business: None
- Interfacility Transfer Discussion – See Attached Memo
- 2019/2020 Budget
DS Meling and Chief Brundage presented the 2019 and 2020 projected budgets based off of financial changes that we currently know.
Chief Brundage stated that he is looking for the Board’s approval to move forward and evaluate all possible options for interfacility transfers. Commissioner Hill stated that he would like the District to pursue the top two options before resorting to the third option of a lid lift, with the first option to negotiate with the Union being the most ideal. The commissioners all gave Chief Brundage their blessing to check into other options for interfacility transfers.
District Chief’s Report: (Report Attached)
- AC Karvia Report – Absent
- AC Weatherby’s Report – None
- Pub Ed Coordinator Karvia’s report – See attached report
- Tom Downer – Stated that he discovered we are eligible for membership in the Pacific Council of Goverments, and he would like Chief Brundage to pursue membership.
- Fred Hill – None
- Dennis Long – Stated that he had attended a PACCOM meeting earlier in the month. The members of PACCOM admitted they were remiss in making the changes in the formula; they had not met the stated deadline in the agreement. The fee changes have been tabled until next year. The group is considering his recommendation of having a fixed fee for each participant of around $750-$1000 per agency. Our cost will still be changing next year, but it will be less. Commissioner Long is on a committee to craft the new changes. The good news is that there are no changes to our user fees this year.
Personnel Information: None
Good of the Order: None
Executive Session: Commissioner Hill called for an Executive Session lasting approximately 30 minutes for personnel matters 16:56. Fire Chief Brundage and DS Meling were in attendance. A decision was made. Regular session resumed at 17:35.
Commissioner Downer made a motion to direct Chief Brundage to distribute 2017 merit pay in the amount of $12,500 to administrative and support employees as he sees fit, seconded by Commissioner Long. Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 17:36.
FRED H. HILL, Commissioner
THOMAS L. DOWNER, Commissioner
DENNIS A. LONG, Commissioner
Attest: JAMIE MELING, District Secretary